clerk: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (klûrkBrit.klärk), [key]
- a person employed, as in an office, to keep records, file, type, or perform other general office tasks.
- a salesclerk.
- a person who keeps the records and performs the routine business of a court, legislature, board, etc.
- a member of the clergy; ecclesiastic.
- a lay person charged with various minor ecclesiastical duties.
- a person who is able to read, or to read and write.
- a scholar.
- to act or serve as a clerk.
- clerk (Thesaurus)