cleaner: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (klē'nur), [key]
- a person who cleans, esp. one whose regular occupation is cleaning offices, buildings, equipment, etc.
- an apparatus or machine for cleaning, as a vacuum cleaner.
- a preparation for use in cleaning, as a detergent or chemical bleach.
- the owner or operator of a dry-cleaning establishment: The cleaner said he couldn't get the spot off my coat.
- Usually,a dry-cleaning establishment: My suit is at the cleaners.
- to cause to lose all or a great deal of one's money or personal property, as through gambling or a bad investment: He got taken to the cleaners in the poker game last night.
- cleaner (Thesaurus)