Meaning of clasp
Pronunciation: (klasp, kläsp), [key]
— n., v., clasped claspt clasping.
- a device, usually of metal, for fastening together two or more things or parts of the same thing: a clasp for paper money; a clasp on a necklace.
- a firm grasp or grip: a clasp of hands.
- a tight embrace: She held the child in a loving clasp.
- a small bar or metal design, as a star, for affixing to the ribbon of a military decoration to indicate that the bearer has been awarded the decoration an additional time.
- to fasten with or as with a clasp.
- to furnish with a clasp.
- to seize, grasp, or grip with the hand: She clasped the club in her hand.
- to hold in a tight embrace; hug: He clasped the child to him.
- to embrace or hug: The lovers clasped.
- clasp (Thesaurus)