Christianity: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kris"chē-an'i-tē), [key]
— pl. -ties.
- the Christian religion, including the Catholic, Protestant, and Eastern Orthodox churches.
- Christian beliefs or practices; Christian quality or character: Christianity mixed with pagan elements; the Christianity of Augustine's thought.
- a particular Christian religious system: She followed fundamentalist Christianity.
- the state of being a Christian.
- conformity to the Christian religion or to its beliefs or practices.
- christianity (Thesaurus)