Meaning of chemistry
Pronunciation: (kem'u-strē), [key]
— pl. -tries.
- the science that deals with the composition and properties of substances and various elementary forms of matter. Cf. element (def. 2).
- chemical properties, reactions, phenomena, etc.: the chemistry of carbon.
- the interaction of one personality with another: The chemistry between him and his boss was all wrong.
- sympathetic understanding; rapport: the astonishing chemistry between the actors.
- any or all of the elements that make up something: the chemistry of love.
- chemistry (Thesaurus)