chassis: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (chas'ē, -is, shas'ē), [key]
— pl. chas•sis
- the frame, wheels, and machinery of a motor vehicle, on which the body is supported.
- the frame or railway on which a gun carriage moves backward and forward.
- the main landing gear of an aircraft; that portion of the landing gear that supports an aircraft.
- a frame for mounting the circuit components of a radio or television set.
- a construction forming the sides, top, and bottom of a cabinet, showcase, or the like.
- chassis (Thesaurus)