caulk: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kôk), [key]
- to fill or close seams or crevices of (a tank, window, etc.) in order to make watertight, airtight, etc.
- to make (a vessel) watertight by filling the seams between the planks with oakum or other material driven snug.
- to fill or close (a seam, joint, etc.), as in a boat.
- to drive the edges of (plating) together to prevent leakage.
- a material or substance used for caulking.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.