catalog: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kat'l-ôg", -og"), [key]
- a list or record, as of items for sale or courses at a university, systematically arranged and often including descriptive material: a stamp catalog.
- something that contains such a list or record, as a book, leaflet, or file.
- a list of the contents of a library or a group of libraries, arranged according to any of various systems. Cf. card catalog, on-line catalog, union catalog.
- any list or record: a catalog of complaints.
- to enter (items) in a catalog; make a catalog of.
- to produce a catalog.
- to have a specified price as listed in a catalog: This model catalogs for $49.95.
- to offer merchandise in a mail-order catalog.
- of, pertaining to, or carrying on business through a mail-order catalog: catalog sales.
- catalog (Thesaurus)