Meaning of caster
Pronunciation: (kas'tur, kä'stur), [key]
- a person or thing that casts.
- a small wheel on a swivel, set under a piece of furniture, a machine, etc., to facilitate moving it.
- a bottle or cruet for holding a condiment.
- a stand containing a set of such bottles.
- a metal container for sugar, pepper, etc., having a perforated top to permit sprinkling; dredger; muffineer.
- the angle that the kingpin makes with the vertical. Automobiles are usually designed with the upper end of the kingpin inclined rearwardfor improved directional stability.
- (of a wheel) to swivel freely in a horizontal plane.
- caster (Thesaurus)