Meaning of Carter
Pronunciation: (kär'tur), [key]
- (Benny), born 1907, U.S. jazz saxophonist and composer.
- born 1926, U.S. bowler.
- born 1908, U.S. composer.
- 1907–72, U.S. journalist and publisher.
- 1873–1939, English Egyptologist.
- (Jimmy), born 1924, 39th president of the U.S. 1977–81.
- (Caroline Louise Dudley), 1862–1937, U.S. actress.
- (“Mother Maybelle Carter”), 1909–78, U.S. country-and-western singer and guitarist.
- pen name of authors who wrote detective-story series in which Nick Carter, created by John R. Coryell, is the main character.
- a male given name.
- Carter (Thesaurus)