cart: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kärt), [key]
- a heavy two-wheeled vehicle, commonly without springs, drawn by mules, oxen, or the like, used for the conveyance of heavy goods.
- a light two-wheeled vehicle with springs, drawn by a horse or pony.
- any small vehicle pushed or pulled by hand.
- a chariot.
- See(def. 12).
- to do or place things in improper order; be illogical.
- to haul or convey in or as if in a cart or truck: to cart garbage to the dump.
- to drive a cart.
- to transport or take away in an unceremonious manner: The police came and carted him off to jail.
- cart (Thesaurus)