Meaning of carpet
Pronunciation: (kär'pit), [key]
- a heavy fabric, commonly of wool or nylon, for covering floors.
- a covering of this material.
- any relatively soft surface or covering like a carpet: They walked on the carpet of grass.
- He was called on the carpet again for his carelessness.
- before an authority or superior for an accounting of one's actions or a reprimand:He was called on the carpet again for his carelessness.
- Chiefly Brit.under consideration or discussion.
- any of a number of airborne electronic devices for jamming radar.
- a system of such devices.
- to cover or furnish with or as with a carpet.
- to reprimand.
- carpet (Thesaurus)