Meaning of campus
Pronunciation: (kam'pus), [key]
— pl. -pus•es.
- the grounds, often including the buildings, of a college, university, or school.
- a college or university: The large influx of older students radically changed many campuses throughout the country.
- a division of a university that has its own grounds, buildings, and faculty but is administratively joined to the rest of the university.
- the world of higher education: Foundation grants have had a marked effect on the character of the American campus.
- a large, usually suburban, landscaped business or industrial site.
- campus (Thesaurus)