Meaning of Campbell
Pronunciation: (kam'bul, kam'ul), [key]
- 1788–1866, U.S. religious leader, born in Ireland: cofounder with his father, Thomas, of the Disciples of Christ Church.
- ordied 1729, Scottish architect and author.
- (Baron Clyde), 1792–1863, Scottish general.
- 1779–1861, English jurist and writer: Lord Chancellor of England 1859–61.
- 1904–87, U.S. mythologist.
- 1885–1948, English automobile and speedboat racer.
- (Beatrice Stella Tanner), 1865–1940, English actress.
- 1763–1854, Irish religious leader, in the U.S. after 1807: cofounder with his son, Alexander, of the Disciples of Christ Church.
- 1777–1844, Scottish poet and editor.
- a city in W California. 27,067.
- a city in NE Ohio. 11,619.
- Campbell (Thesaurus)