camel: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kam'ul), [key]
- either of two large, humped, ruminant quadrupeds of the genus Camelus, of the Old World. Cf. Bactrian camel, dromedary.
- a color ranging from yellowish tan to yellowish brown.
- Also calleda spin done in an arabesque position.
- Also calledpontoon.a float for lifting a deeply laden vessel sufficiently to allow it to cross an area of shallow water.
- a float serving as a fender between a vessel and a pier or the like.
- caisson (def. 3a).
- camel (Thesaurus)