Meaning of bunker
Pronunciation: (bung'kur), [key]
- a large bin or receptacle; a fixed chest or box: a coal bunker.
- a fortification set mostly below the surface of the ground with overhead protection provided by logs and earth or by concrete and fitted with openings through which guns may be fired.
- any obstacle, as a sand trap or mound of dirt, constituting a hazard.
- to provide fuel for (a vessel).
- to convey (bulk cargo except grain) from a vessel to an adjacent storehouse.
- to hit (a ball) into a bunker.
- to equip with or as if with bunkers: to bunker an army's defenses.
- bunker (Thesaurus)