bromide: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (brō'mīd or, for 1, brō'mid), [key]
- a salt of hydrobromic acid consisting of two elements, one of which is bromine, as sodium bromide, NaBr.
- a compound containing bromine, as methyl bromide.
- potassium bromide, known to produce central nervous system depression, formerly used as a sedative.
- a platitude or trite saying.
- a person who is platitudinous and boring.
- bromide (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.