Meaning of Broadway
Pronunciation: (brôd'wā"), [key]
- a street in New York City, famous for its theaters, restaurants, and bright lights.
- the theater district located on or near this street, esp. as the center of the professional or commercial theater in the U.S.
- (of a play, theatrical performance, etc.) pertaining to, suitable for, or produced in the commercial theater, esp. on Broadway: a Broadway show.
- acting or working on Broadway: a Broadway producer; a Broadway star.
- characteristic of or frequenting the theater district on Broadway.
- garish; tawdry.
- broadway (Thesaurus)