Meaning of brew
Pronunciation: (br), [key]
- to make (beer, ale, etc.) by steeping, boiling, and fermenting malt and hops.
- to make or prepare (a beverage, as tea) by mixing, steeping, soaking, or boiling a solid in water.
- to concoct, mix, or cook (a beverage or food, esp. one containing unmeasured or unusual ingredients): She brewed a pot of soup from the leftovers.
- to contrive, plan, or bring about: to brew mischief.
- to make a fermented alcoholic malt beverage, as beer or ale.
- to boil, steep, soak, or cook: Wait until the tea brews.
- to be forming or gathering; be in preparation: Trouble was brewing.
- a quantity brewed in a single process.
- a particular brewing or variety of malt liquor.
- a hot beverage made by cooking a solid in water, esp. tea or coffee.
- any concoction, esp. a liquid produced by a mixture of unusual ingredients: a witches' brew.
- Let's have a few brews after the game.
- beer or ale.
- an individual serving of beer or ale:Let's have a few brews after the game.
- brew (Thesaurus)