Meaning of breech
Pronunciation: (n.brēchv.brēch, brich), [key]
- the lower, rear part of the trunk of the body; buttocks.
- the hinder or lower part of anything.
- the rear part of the bore of a gun, esp. the opening and associated mechanism that permits insertion of a projectile.
- the end of a block or pulley farthest from the supporting hook or eye.
- the outside angle of a knee in the frame of a ship.
- to fit or furnish (a gun) with a breech.
- to clothe with breeches.
- breech (Thesaurus)