breakdown: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (brāk'doun"), [key]
- a breaking down, wearing out, or sudden loss of ability to function efficiently, as of a machine.
- a loss of mental or physical health; collapse. Cf. nervous breakdown.
- an analysis or classification of something; division into parts, categories, processes, etc.
- analysis (def. 7).
- an electric discharge passing through faulty insulation or other material used to separate circuits or passing between electrodes in a vacuum or gas-filled tube.
- a noisy, lively folk dance.
- breakdown (Thesaurus)