bread: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bred), [key]
- a kind of food made of flour or meal that has been mixed with milk or water, made into a dough or batter, with or without yeast or other leavening agent, and baked.
- food or sustenance; livelihood: to earn one's bread.
- the wafer or bread used in a Eucharistic service.
- to eat a meal, esp. in companionable association with others.
- to distribute or participate in Communion.
- to act generously or charitably with no thought of personal gain.
- to be aware of those things that are to one's own advantage.
- to deprive someone of livelihood.
- to cover with breadcrumbs or meal.
- bread (Thesaurus)