breach: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (brēch), [key]
- the act or a result of breaking; break or rupture.
- an infraction or violation, as of a law, trust, faith, or promise.
- a gap made in a wall, fortification, line of soldiers, etc.; rift; fissure.
- a severance of friendly relations.
- the leap of a whale above the surface of the water.
- the breaking of waves; the dashing of surf.
- to make a breach or opening in.
- to break or act contrary to (a law, promise, etc.).
- (of a whale) to leap partly or completely out of the water, head first, and land on the back or belly with a resounding splash.
- breach (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.