Pronunciation: (brāv), [key]
— adj., n., v., brav•er, brav•est, braved, brav•ing.
- possessing or exhibiting courage or courageous endurance.
- making a fine appearance.
- excellent; fine; admirable.
- a brave person.
- a warrior, esp. among North American Indian tribes.
- a bully.
- a boast or challenge.
- to meet or face courageously: to brave misfortunes.
- to defy; challenge; dare.
- to make splendid.
- to boast; brag.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.