Meaning of bosom
Pronunciation: (booz'um, b'zum), [key]
- the breast of a human being.
- the breasts of a woman.
- the part of a garment that covers the breast.
- the breast, conceived of as the center of feelings or emotions.
- something likened to the human breast: the bosom of the earth.
- a state of enclosing intimacy; warm closeness: the bosom of the family.
- of, pertaining to, or worn on or over the bosom.
- intimate or confidential: a bosom friend.
- to take to the bosom; embrace; cherish.
- to hide from view; conceal.
- bosom (Thesaurus)