bold: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bōld), [key]
— -er, -est.
- not hesitating or fearful in the face of actual or possible danger or rebuff; courageous and daring: a bold hero.
- not hesitating to break the rules of propriety; forward; impudent: He apologized for being so bold as to speak to the emperor.
- necessitating courage and daring; challenging: a bold adventure.
- beyond the usual limits of conventional thought or action; imaginative: Einstein was a bold mathematician. a difficult problem needing a bold answer.
- striking or conspicuous to the eye; flashy; showy: a bold pattern.
- steep; abrupt: a bold promontory.
- deep enough to be navigable close to the shore: bold waters.
- typeset in boldface.
- trusting; assured.
- to presume or venture; dare: I made bold to offer my suggestion.
- bold (Thesaurus)