Meaning of blunder
Pronunciation: (blun'dur), [key]
- a gross, stupid, or careless mistake: That's your second blunder this morning.
- to move or act blindly, stupidly, or without direction or steady guidance: Without my glasses I blundered into the wrong room.
- to make a gross or stupid mistake, esp. through carelessness or mental confusion: Just pray that he doesn't blunder again and get the names wrong.
- to bungle; botch: Several of the accounts were blundered by that new assistant.
- to utter thoughtlessly; blurt out: He blundered his surprise at their winning the award.
- blunder (Thesaurus)