bloomer: Meaning and Definition of
- a costume for women, advocated about 1850 by Amelia Jenks Bloomer, consisting of a short skirt, loose trousers gathered and buttoned at the ankle, and often a coat and a wide hat.
- loose trousers gathered at the knee, formerly worn by women as part of a gymnasium, riding, or other sports outfit.
- women's underpants of similar, but less bulky, design.
- the trousers of a bloomer costume.
- any of various women's garments with full-cut legs gathered at the bottom edge.
- (of a woman's garment) having full-cut legs gathered at the bottom edge: bloomer shorts.
- a plant that blooms: a night bloomer.
- a person who develops skills, abilities, interests, etc., commensurate with his or her capacities: a quiet, methodical child who became a late bloomer.
- a foolish mistake; blunder.
- 1818–94, U.S. social reformer and women's-rights leader.
- bloomer (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.