blitz: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (blits), [key]
- an overwhelming all-out attack, esp. a swift ground attack using armored units and air support.
- an intensive aerial bombing.
- any swift, vigorous attack, barrage, or defeat: a blitz of commercials every few minutes.
- act or instance of charging directly for (the passer) as soon as the ball is snapped; red-dogging.
- to attack or defeat with or as if with a blitz: The town was blitzed mercilessly by enemy planes. The visitors really blitzed the home team.
- to destroy; demolish: His last-minute refusal blitzed all our plans.
- to charge directly and immediately at the passer; red-dog.
- to move in the manner of a blitz: a car that will blitz through rough terrain.
- blitz (Thesaurus)