blight: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (blīt), [key]
- the rapid and extensive discoloration, wilting, and death of plant tissues.
- a disease so characterized.
- any cause of impairment, destruction, ruin, or frustration: Extravagance was the blight of the family.
- the state or result of being blighted or deteriorated; dilapidation; decay: urban blight.
- to cause to wither or decay; blast: Frost blighted the crops.
- to destroy; ruin; frustrate: Illness blighted his hopes.
- to suffer blight.
- blight (Thesaurus)