blessing: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bles'ing), [key]
- the act or words of a person who blesses.
- a special favor, mercy, or benefit: the blessings of liberty.
- a favor or gift bestowed by God, thereby bringing happiness.
- the invoking of God's favor upon a person: The son was denied his father's blessing.
- praise; devotion; worship, esp. grace said before a meal: The children took turns reciting the blessing.
- approval or good wishes: The proposed law had the blessing of the governor.
- blessing (Thesaurus)