binding: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bīn'ding), [key]
- the act of fastening, securing, uniting, or the like.
- anything that binds.
- the covering within which the leaves of a book are bound.
- a strip of material that protects or decorates the edge of a tablecloth, rug, etc.
- a mechanical device on a ski, usually made of metal, that fastens the boot securely to the ski.
- that binds; restrictive.
- having power to bind or oblige; obligatory: a binding promise.
- binding (Thesaurus)