Meaning of binder
Pronunciation: (bīn'dur), [key]
- a person or thing that binds.
- a detachable cover, resembling the cover of a notebook or book, with clasps or rings for holding loose papers together: a three-ring binder.
- a person who binds books; a bookbinder.
- an agreement by which property or liability coverage is granted pending issuance of a policy.
- an attachment to a harvester or reaper for binding the cut grain.
- Also calledself-binder.a machine that cuts and binds grain.
- any substance that causes the components of a mixture to cohere.
- a vehicle in which pigment is suspended.
- (in powder metallurgy) a substance for holding compacted metal powder together while it is being sintered.
- a stone, as a perpend, for bonding masonry.
- a girder supporting the ends of two sets of floor joists.
- a material for holding loose material together, as in a macadamized road.
- stirrup (def. 5).
- a large quantity, esp. of food.
- binder (Thesaurus)