bib: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bib), [key]
— n., v., bibbed, bib•bing.
- a piece of cloth, plastic, or paper that covers the chest and is often tied under the chin of a child to protect the clothing while the child is eating.
- any similar cloth or part of a garment.
- the front part of an apron, overalls, or similar protective garment above the waist.
- a piece of canvas attached to the base of the mask, for protecting the throat.
- to interfere.
- to tipple; drink.
- (in prescriptions) drink.
- bib (Thesaurus)