beside: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bi-sīd'), [key]
- by or at the side of; near: Sit down beside me.
- compared with: Beside him other writers seem amateurish.
- apart from; not connected with: beside the point; beside the question.
- besides (defs. 4, 5).
- almost out of one's senses from a strong emotion, as from joy, delight, anger, fear, or grief: He was beside himself with rage when the train left without him.
- along the side of something: The family rode in the carriage, and the dog ran along beside.
- besides (def. 2).