berm: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bûrm), [key]
- a horizontal surface between the exterior slope of a rampart and the moat.
- Also calledany level strip of ground at the summit or sides, or along the base, of a slope.
- Also calleda nearly flat back portion of a beach, formed of material deposited by the action of the waves.
- the bank of a canal or the shoulder of a road.
- a mound of snow or dirt, as formed when clearing land.
- a bank of earth placed against an exterior wall or walls of a house or other building as protection against extremes of temperature.
- to cover or protect with a berm: The side walls were bermed to a height of three feet.
- berm (Thesaurus)