Meaning of beginning
Pronunciation: (bi-gin'ing), [key]
- an act or circumstance of entering upon an action or state: the beginning of hostilities.
- the point of time or space at which anything begins: the beginning of the Christian era; the beginning of the route.
- the first part: the beginning of the book; the beginning of the month.
- Often,the initial stage or part of anything: the beginnings of science.
- origin; source; first cause: A misunderstanding about the rent was the beginning of their quarrel.
- just formed: a beginning company.
- first; opening: the beginning chapters of a book.
- basic or introductory: beginning Spanish.
- learning the fundamentals: a beginning swimmer.
- beginning (Thesaurus)