Meaning of bedding
Pronunciation: (bed'ing), [key]
- blankets, sheets, etc., used on a bed; bedclothes.
- bedclothes together with a matress.
- litter; straw, etc., as a bed for animals.
- a foundation or bottom layer.
- a thin layer of putty laid in the rabbet of a window frame or muntin to give a pane of glass an even backing.
- arrangement of sedimentary rocks in strata.
- of or pertaining to a plant esp. suited to or prepared for planting in an open-air bed for ornamental displays: bedding hyacinths; bedding begonias.
- bedding (Thesaurus)