beautiful: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (by'tu-ful), [key]
- having beauty; having qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, etc.; delighting the senses or mind: a beautiful dress; a beautiful speech.
- excellent of its kind: a beautiful putt on the seventh hole; The chef served us a beautiful roast of beef.
- wonderful; very pleasing or satisfying.
- the concept of beauty (usually prec. by the).
- beautiful things or people collectively (usually prec. by the): the good and the beautiful.
- the ideal of beauty (usually prec. by the): to strive to attain the beautiful.
- wonderful; fantastic: You got two front-row seats? Beautiful!
- extraordinary; incredible: used ironically: Your car broke down in the middle of the freeway? Beautiful!
- beautiful (Thesaurus)