barrow: Meaning and Definition of
- a flat, rectangular frame used for carrying a load, esp. such a frame with projecting shafts at each end for handles; handbarrow.
- a wheelbarrow.
- a pushcart used by street vendors, esp. by costermongers.
- tumulus (def. 1).
- a hill (sometimes used in combination): Trentishoe Barrow in North Devon; Whitbarrow in North Lancashire.
- a castrated male swine.
- Also calleda seaport in Cumbria, in NW England. 73,900.
- the N tip of Alaska: the northernmost point of the U.S.
- a town in N Alaska, S of Barrow Point: site of a government science-research center. 2207.
- barrow (Thesaurus)