Meaning of barrier
Pronunciation: (bar'ē-ur), [key]
- anything built or serving to bar passage, as a railing, fence, or the like: People may pass through the barrier only when their train is announced.
- any natural bar or obstacle: a mountain barrier.
- anything that restrains or obstructs progress, access, etc.: a trade barrier.
- a limit or boundary of any kind: the barriers of caste.
- an antarctic ice shelf or ice front.
- the palisade or railing surrounding the ground where tourneys and jousts were carried on.
- a fortress or stockade.
- barrier (Thesaurus)