Meaning of barren
Pronunciation: (bar'un), [key]
- not producing or incapable of producing offspring; sterile: a barren woman.
- unproductive; unfruitful: barren land.
- without capacity to interest or attract: a barren period in American architecture.
- mentally unproductive; dull; stupid.
- not producing results; fruitless: a barren effort.
- destitute; bereft; lacking (usually fol. by of&hasp;): barren of tender feelings.
- Usually,level or slightly rolling land, usually with a sandy soil and few trees, and relatively infertile.
- barren (Thesaurus)