Meaning of bandy
Pronunciation: (ban'dē), [key]
— v., adj., n., pl. -died, -dy•ing, -dies.
- to pass from one to another or back and forth; give and take; trade; exchange: to bandy blows; to bandy words.
- to throw or strike to and fro or from side to side, as a ball in tennis.
- to circulate freely: to bandy gossip.
- (of legs) having a bend or crook outward; bowed: a new method for correcting bandy legs.
- an early form of tennis.
- (formerly) hockey or shinny.
- a hockey or shinny stick.
- bandy (Thesaurus)