bandit: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ban'dit), [key]
— pl. ban•dits ban•dit•ti
- a robber, esp. a member of a gang or marauding band.
- an outlaw or highwayman.
- a person who takes unfair advantage of others, as a merchant who overcharges; swindler; cheat.
- a vendor, cab driver, etc., who operates a business or works without a required license or permit, and without observing the usual rules or practices.
- an enemy aircraft, esp. an attacking fighter.
- to be extremely successful; profit greatly: The early investors in the company have made out like bandits.
- bandit (Thesaurus)