Meaning of babe
Pronunciation: (bāb), [key]
- a baby or child.
- an innocent or inexperienced person.
- (usually cap.)(used, often before the surname, as a familiar name for a boy or man, esp. the youngest of a family.)
- Sometimes Disparaging and Offensive.a girl or woman, esp. an attractive one.
- (sometimes cap.) an affectionate or familiar term of address (sometimes offensive when used to strangers, casual acquaintances, subordinates, etc., esp. by a male to a female).
- an innocent, unsuspecting person, esp. one likely to be victimized by others: Some highly informed people are mere babes in the woods where the stock market is concerned.
- babe (Thesaurus)