babble: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bab'ul), [key]
— v., n. -bled, -bling,
- to utter sounds or words imperfectly, indistinctly, or without meaning.
- to talk idly, irrationally, excessively, or foolishly; chatter or prattle.
- to make a continuous, murmuring sound.
- to utter in an incoherent, foolish, or meaningless fashion.
- to reveal foolishly or thoughtlessly: to babble a secret.
- inarticulate or imperfect speech.
- foolish, meaningless, or incoherent speech; prattle.
- a murmuring sound or a confusion of sounds.
- babbling (def. 2).
- a confused mixture of extraneous sounds in a circuit, resulting from cross talk from other channels. Cf. cross talk (def. 1).
- babble (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.