Meaning of awkward
Pronunciation: (ôk'wurd), [key]
- lacking skill or dexterity; clumsy.
- lacking grace or ease in movement: an awkward gesture; an awkward dancer.
- lacking social graces or manners: a simple, awkward frontiersman.
- not well planned or designed for easy or effective use: an awkward instrument; an awkward method.
- requiring caution; somewhat hazardous; dangerous: an awkward turn in the road.
- hard to deal with; difficult; requiring skill, tact, or the like: an awkward situation; an awkward customer.
- embarrassing or inconvenient; caused by lack of social grace: an awkward moment
- untoward; perverse.
- awkward (Thesaurus)