avenue: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (av'u-ny", -n"), [key]
- a wide street or main thoroughfare.
- a means of access or attainment: avenues of escape; avenues to greater power.
- a way or means of entering into or approaching a place: the various avenues to India.
- a wide, usually tree-lined road, path, driveway, etc., through grounds to a country house or monumental building.
- a suburban, usually tree-lined residential street.
- avenue (Thesaurus)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.