Meaning of avail
Pronunciation: (u-vāl'), [key]
- to be of use or value to; profit; advantage: All our efforts availed us little in trying to effect a change.
- to be of use; have force or efficacy; serve; help: His strength did not avail against the hostile onslaught.
- to be of value or profit.
- to use to one's advantage: They availed themselves of the opportunity to hear a free concert.
- advantage; use; efficacy; effective use in the achievement of a goal or objective: His belated help will be of little or no avail.
- profits or proceeds.
- avail (Thesaurus)