Meaning of author
Pronunciation: (ô'thur), [key]
- a person who writes a novel, poem, essay, etc.; the composer of a literary work, as distinguished from a compiler, translator, editor, or copyist.
- the literary production or productions of a writer: to find a passage in an author.
- the maker of anything; creator; originator: the author of a new tax plan.
- the writer of a software program, esp. a hypertext or multimedia application.
- to write; be the author of: He authored a history of the Civil War.
- to originate; create a design for: She authored a new system for teaching chemistry.
- author (Thesaurus)